Southwest Basketball relies heavily on volunteers from the community in order to deliver all aspects of the program to the hundreds of youth involved each year. Teams are expected to provide volunteers every game for scorekeeping and timing.
In order to ensure that we honour our volunteer commitment to the EYBA and our communities, and to ensure the program continues to operate, a Volunteer Deposit policy is in place that requires an upfront credit card payment that will be refunded subject to fulfillment of your volunteer commitment as outlined below.
If you have not filled a volunteer position as identified on the volunteer sheet, your name will be kept on file. If additional volunteer requirements arise, individuals on file who have not volunteered will be entered in a draw and the necessary number of individuals will be randomly selected. If your name is selected, you will be contacted by Southwest Basketball program. We will attempt to contact you twice by phone and/or email. If we are not able to make contact with you after two attempts, or if you decline your commitment, you will forfeit your deposit.
There are many opportunities to get involved including coaching, team administration, and the EYBA casino.
If you are interested in volunteering for any of the positions below, please indicate this on your registration or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Mite Coach Assistants
Team Level Roles
- Team Volunteer Manager
- Prints off the Team Volunteer sheet, and at season end has the coach sign off and submits via email to the Volunteer Co-Ordinator at SW Basketball (firstname.lastname@example.org). Collects email and or cell phone numbers of all parents
- Score Keeper Manager
- Assigns 1 person per game to score keep for the team, or score-keeps themselves, and assigns another when they cannot attend
- Team Photographer
- Takes a team photograph and/or individual photos of each player in their uniform and emails to parents and SW Basketball
- Equipment Manager
- If desired by Coach, collects and looks after the balls during the season. Makes sure the balls are properly inflated and keeps track of them.
- Jersey Collector and Washer at season-end
- At season end, collect the jersey from each player. Washes them and then bags them with a note of player and number to return to Association at end of season.
- Gyms Attendant
- Is assigned to make sure players can get into the gym. Ensures players are respectful at gyms. If they cannot attend a game, they ask another parent to do so.
- Same Gender Observer
- On teams in which the Coach is a different gender to the players, a same gender parent (as the players) attends each game. If that parent cannot attend a game or practice, they are to assign another parent.